Monday, August 22, 2011

I chose to start off the semester reading what I knew I would like, Nicholas Sparks.  I have seen many of his movies and have loved all of them.  To be honest, I am not much of a reader. I would rather spend my time watching movies, spending time with my friends, and watching football games with my family.  Since I have been taking this class, I have found reading is not as bad as I thought.  For the past two days, I have been reading, "The Lucky One" which, to my surprise, is very interesting.  It takes place in a young man's tour to Iraq.  He happens to run past a picture half buried in the sand of a women smiling on the beach.  In the past few weeks of Marine Logan Thibault's games of poker, he has lost more money than he had even came to Iraq with.  He posted this picture on the board thinking it was someone's valuable picture they had dropped.  After several days, he takes the picture and places it in his pocket.  That day, the men played poker as they always did.  One play at a time, Thibault wins each hand.  He turns out winning all money he had lost, plus even more.  This picture turns out to be a "good luck charm."  Some people think that luck comes in a lucky number, a lucky person, any object that they want.  But really, I think luck comes with time and good things will eventually come to good people.  It is not what they have in their hand, or what number jersey they are wearing. I am interested to see how this photograph brings more good luck to the table and throughout the rest of "The Lucky One."

No comments:

Post a Comment