Monday, August 29, 2011

The Lucky One Is Elizabeth !


My Dad and I one weekend just like Ben and Keith in The Lucky One

First of all, this is the 2nd time I have wrote this blog, so I'm frustrated because it was a good one but for some reason it did not save.  ANYWAYS, I am still reading The Lucky One.  Thibault has happened to find his "lucky lady" in his "lucky picture." Her name is Elizabeth which explains the big E on her shirt in the picture.  Elizabeth has a son named Ben who is not like most ten year old boys.  Instead of being athletic and adventurous like other boys, he enjoys chess and studying for his classes at school.  Just like me, Ben visits his Dad, Keith, every other weekend along with two weekdays.  I understand how Ben feels when he gets upset by going back and forth from his mom's house to his dad's. But for Ben, he gets upset for other reasons than I do.  His dad does not accept him like most fathers do.  Keith was hoping for a son that was an all-star baseball player or the quarterback for his high school football team.  Instead, his son is a chess player who hates sports and is not socially accepted by most people at his school.  While Ben is at his dad's house, he pushes Ben to play catch although that usually ends with a hard thrown ball hit straight to the face.  This also reminds me of my life because when I was Ben's age my dad and I would play baseball and basketball on the weekend.  My days usually did not end with getting struck with a ball to my eye.  Elizabeth struggles to send her son to Keith's and just wishes to find a man who loves Ben for who he his.  Lucky for her, Thibault now has a job working at the kennel with her and he loves Ben and Elizabeth just as any father should.  Maybe that picture was good luck after all!



No comments:

Post a Comment