Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Help !

Okay, I am starting another book but this time I am going to finish it.  I don't think this one will be too easy or too hard and will be funny.  I heard it is a very exciting book to read that keeps will keep me addicted the whole time. It says on the cover it is #1 New Yorks Best Seller so that must mean some people like it.  And yes, I did judge this book by its cover but thats okay.  I also am reading it because Maddie told me to read it and she talked about how good of a book it is all the time while reading it.  My sister had a convention thing last night and while she was down, she came back home to take back the CD I had been using the whole time she was in grad school, whoops! But she came home with this book in her hand and asked me if I wanted to read it and then go see the movie with her.  I heard the movie was good, but I guess I can't see it until I read it.  But so far last night, I read the first chapter and I just read it before I went to bed.  It was about a black women who is basically very talented in taking care of babies and she cares for a baby named Mae Mobley, also known as the church baby because it was born on a Sunday.  This was set in a time though where black and white women were treated in the same.  They would have to do different things such as use different bathrooms, drink out of different fountains, etc.  This angers her because she used the white mother's bathroom and it was made a big deal.  I don't blame her though because it is not fair in any way to be treated differently because of how they look.  I am glad things have changed since those times, people would be so different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment