Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly

This year I have surprised myself with how much I have been reading.  At the start of this class and the beginning of the year, I had not even picked up many books before besides the boring books I had to for school.  I think school made me think that all books are hard and complicated to understand.  Now I realize those books are just the way they are because it is not what I like to read.  My favorite book I read so far, the one I am going to do my book presentation on in a couple weeks, was Heaven Is Real.  It was easy and something I was very interested in.  I found this class most challenging on the review days of vocab.  I think it is because by the time the test comes around, I forget the list of words from two weeks ago.  Next semester I am going to try to read more and study harder for extra credit.  The more I read, the more I find myself finding extra credit.  I am happy with this class even though I was doubting it at first, I am glad I am taking it.  I helped a lot during my PSAT test this Wednesday when I had to choose vocabulary words and during the writing portion.  The "SAT boot-camp" was useful to do at the beginning of the year because I could better eliminate answers when choosing the correct sentences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment