Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer is a book that was reccommended to me by Kirstin, the same person who usually wants me to read half the books I read for this class. She always reads and we like the same type of material that is easy, yet intresting.  For this book, it is one of the easiest book I have read in awhile.  It is easy to just sit down and read this book while relaxing without thinking very much.  It is about a young girl who has loved surfing since the age of five.  She loves the water, loves the sun, and loves the beach.  When reading it, I felt myself feeling cold and missing summer because the book reminded me of vacation and this summer spending my days out on the beach and at the pool.  I miss those days and the winter is just beginning.  But, this girl one day while surfing was just gliding across the water when suddenly a shark came by and ate her arm.  Literally, the whole arm up to her armpit.  There are pictures of the arm and the huge shark that was caught with the exact teeth marks.  Her arm looks so weird now! But that does not stop of from working hard to keep surfing.  She has the determination to pass through the healing process.  She worked many hours a day getting back into shape after recovery and becoming stronger just so she will be able to do the same type of activities as she did before the accident.  I am halfway through the reading this week and the book is off to a slow start, hopefully is starts to pick up soon tonight when I finish my reading for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment