Friday, September 30, 2011

Worth more Dead, then Alive

As I wrapped up this book for the week, the same conflicts continue to come up within the characters both interally and exterally.  For me, this book is just dragging on and on and on.  I might stop reading it this week and start a new one.  I think it is becoming boring for me because I have already seen the movie.  That means I basically already know the heart breaking ending.  I am suprised I am thinking about starting another book because I have never put down a Nicholas Sparks book in my life, I usually can not put them down! But back to the story.  Sara is now pregnant with her child.  Thankfully, their childs blood matches Kate's. The parents basically "designed a baby" to match the characteristics needed to save Kate.  For example, her baby's unbilical cord blood could potentially save Kate's life also.  In my opinion, I do not think that is right.  I think God create babies to the way they are "designed" to be, they are be selfish and stop using people to save Kate, even though she is in a life threatening situatution. This arises the same type of problem that Anna is facing.  She does not want her baby to just be born for a single reason, to save Kate.  She wants her child to have her own identity, unlike Anna who had her identity basically taken from her.  People just think of Anna as a donar to her sister, not a sister or an individual person.  It sounds like a complicated situation, also because Kate is becoming more sick emotionally and physcially. 

No comments:

Post a Comment