Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Sticky Situation

As titled, this book, My Sister's Keeper, continues to have more and more stuggles that come with the cancer of Kate and Anna.  Anna does not want to be used just as a donar to her sister.  One side of her continues to tell herself.  She actually becomes jealous of Kate.  This is because she keeps thinking of Kate's future funeral compared to her own funeral in the future. I don't know about you, but I know don't compare how me and my twin sisters funerals are going to turn out.  But for some really weird reason, she keeps thinking how no one would come to her funeral when she dies, but when Kate dies, she believes there would be an overcrowding amount of people.  I know I am not in the same situation but I would be glad people loved her and supported her and loved her enough to attend the funeral.  In a way, I would feel honored that I helped in my sister life in donating to her when needed.  Then there is another side of Anna.  This is the side I can relate to.  She thinks of her and her sister and "Siamese Twins."  She thinks she needs to donate her liver and whatever else because they are sisters.  She thinks she can not let her sister down.  I know how she feels because having family look down on you when you could control the problem like she can.  If I were her, I would do whatever I can to save my twin sister.  As much as she drives me crazy, I don't think I would hesitate to donate my organs.  I guess I will never know the exact problem Anna and Kate are going through though.

No comments:

Post a Comment