Thursday, September 22, 2011

And the Story Begins

As I begin reading more and more of My Sisters Keeper, the more I can see how this story is going to turn into a heart wrenching one.  Once again, Kate's mother sees the bruises on Kate's shoulder.  As time passes- the next morning even- Kate has bruises all the way down her spine.  If that happened to me, I would be absolutely terrified and confused.  Just as I would be, Kate's mother and father were also confused and scared.  At this moment, the story changed for the worse.  Kate was officially diagnosed with Leukemia, a disease within the white blood cells.  This is starting to make me think of the last book the I read, Heaven Is Real, but I have a very strong feeling that these hospital visits will not lead to Kate visiting Jesus and having the pleasure of coming back to tell her family and friend's how great heaven is.  In any story, that would be the happy ending but from what I hear, that is not going to happen here.  Anna, as the donor of whatever Kate needs, becomes very stressed out and vulnerable.  To escape from the stress, she finds herself dozing off at the stars with Brian.  This seems to be the only thing keeping her mind away from Kate.  It is so hard for her because she is torn.  She is torn between the choices of saving her sister, or saving herself from draining herself mentally and physically.  Her first instinct is that she will not let anything happen to Kate.  That is the instinct I would stick with if I were Anna.

No comments:

Post a Comment