Thursday, September 8, 2011

Currently

Books Finished : The Lucky One (Popular Fiction)- 38
Now Reading : Heaven is For Real (Non- Fiction)- 85
Total pages this Week:  124
Total this semester:  544

Sentences of the Week:
1. In a boxing match, the fighters absorb some vicous blows because they are ready for them.  And usually, knockout punch is the one they don't see coming. 
  • This is one of my favorites because it stood for Colton's situation in the hospital and also can symbolize life.  You may be going through a hard time, and continue to think the worst will happen.  But usually when life is hardest, is when you least expect the "punch" to be thrown.
2.  The patient was set in a supine position on the Operating Table.
  • This is simply my favorite this week because it has a vocabulary word in the sentence, supine.  Supine means laying on one's back.  In this case, Colton was supine when he was undergoing sugery.
3. When I was angry at God because I couldn't go to my son, hold him, comfort him, God's son was holding my son in his lap.
  • This was an important line in the book because in my opinion it was the climax of the whole story.  This made me want to read more because it amazed me how Colton, the sick boy, saw Jesus and was cared for even when Colton's dad was out of control of the situation . 

No comments:

Post a Comment